Summer Reading Program
Welcome to Crockett County High School; I am excited to meet you in August! I would like to invite you to participate in the Crockett County High School’s CAVS READ Summer Reading Challenge! To be a participant in the CCHS 2019 CAVS READ summer program, just follow some simple guidelines during summer break.
Step 1: Read a minimum of three books OF YOUR CHOICE that you have not previously read.
- Of course, reading more than three books is encouraged! These books should be on an appropriate reading level, be at least 200 pages in length, and are your choice.
- The 2019-2020 VSBA nomination list in on back of this page. If you plan on participating in the VSBA Challenge, you may get a jump start on those titles as part of your summer reading. This, however, is not a requirement.
Step 2: Complete three book review forms online.
- To be an official participant of the CAVS READ summer challenge, you will simply complete a book review form on each of your three books. The link to the Google form is located at www.cavlibrary.wordpress.com under the “CAVS READ Summer Challenge” tab. You may also scan the QR Code below to access the form.
- All forms must be submitted online by August 10, 2019.
Step 3: Celebrate in the fall.
- A celebration will be held in the fall for students who have completed the above criteria.
We hope you will join us for a summer of great reads! If you have any questions, please see or email Mrs. Nichols, CCHS Librarian. (email@example.com)
Mrs. Nichols, CCHS Librarian
2019-2020 VSBA High School Nominations
If you would like to participate in the CCHS VSBA Challenge beginning in September, you may get a jump start by selecting any of the following nominated titles for your summer reading. Students will read three of the following books and complete the book review form for each to be recognized as a VSBA reader at CCHS. These books are NOT required for summer reading. I am providing the list to be used if you so choose.
2019-2020 VSBA High School List of Nominations
· Anderson, Laurie Halse and Emily Carroll. Anderson Speak: The Graphic Novel. Farrar Straus Giroux, 2018.
· Bardugo, Leigh. Wonder Woman: Warbringer. Random House, 2017.
· Benway, Robin. Far From the Tree. Harper Teen, 2017.
· Black, Holly. The Cruel Prince. Little Brown Books, 2018.
· Buxbaum, Julie. What to Say Next. Delacorte Press, 2017.
· Green, John. Turtles All the Way Down. Dutton Books for Young Readers, 2017.
· Henson, S.F. Devils Within. Sky Pony Press, 2017.
· Latham, Jennifer. Dreamland Burning. Little Brown, 2017.
· Marquardt, Marie. The Radius of Us. Griffin, 2017.
· Mathieu, Jennifer. Moxie. Roaring Brook Press, 2017.
· McManus, Karen. One of Us Is Lying. Delacorte Press, 2017.
· Menon, Sandya. When Dimple Met Rishi. Simon Pulse, 2017.
· Murphy, Julie. Ramona Blue. Blazer+Bray, 2017.
· Reichs, Brendan. Nemesis. G.P. Putnam’s Sons Books, 2017.
· Reintgen, Scott. Nyxia. Crown Books for Young Readers, 2017.
· Reynolds, Jason. Long Way Down. Atheneum Books, 2017.
· Roe, Robin. A List of Cages. Disney-Hyperion, 2017.
· Slater, Dashka. The 57 Bus: A True Story of Two Teenagers and the Crime That Changed Their Lives. Farrar Straus Giroux, 2017.
· Stone, Nic. Dear Martin. Crown, 2017.
· Thomas, Angie. The Hate U Give. Blazer+Bray, 2017.